Create Scratch-Off Cards in Canva
We are always looking for FUN ways to engage with our session participants. During the spring conference season, we decided to try something ✨NEW✨
Our good friend, Janet Corder, shared an AWESOME idea with us!
Janet shared with us that she likes to create scratch-offs for her participants!
All participants receive a scratch-off when they walk in the door and as participants engage with us during the session, they are given additional scratch offs! 💡 This is GENIUS, right?!?
So of course, we had to try it out!
We designed our scratch-offs in one of our FAVORITE apps… yep you can probably guess… Canva!
We ordered the scratch-off round stickers from Amazon.
As we carried these cards on planes, in backpacks, and in suitcases all around Florida and Texas, we have to say… they were a HIT! Everyone loved getting one (although, we think they are harder to scratch off the longer they are on the card 😂 apologies to some of our TCEA participants who are still suffering from sore fingers.)
For conferences, this was a great way to give away swag and books!
We had three sets of cards:
- Set 1: You Won Swag
- Set 2: You Won a Book
- Set 3: Keep Empowering (Sallee wanted to say LOSER, but Jeni insisted we needed a positive message 😂)
A few things we learned from experience and a few tips from Janet:
- Color-code the cards to ensure you knew how much you were giving out. (You can use a highlighter to mark winners, or we printed the cards in colors and pre grouped them so we would only give out so many swag and book cards)
- Make sure you print enough cards!!!
- We designed the cards in Canva, then uploaded them to Avery business card layout to print.
A few ideas for using scratch-offs in the classroom:
- Classroom Management
- Goal Setting
- Formative Assessment Questions
- Partner assignment
- Choice boards
Need a Canva template? We got you!
What other ideas do you have for using scratch-offs in your classroom? We would love to hear what you think or how you have used them in your classroom!
We can’t wait to see how you use Canva scratch-offs in your classroom! Go and Be a Different Kind of AWESOME!